WGC2022 Innovation Awards
The natural gas industry is building on a foundation and legacy of cutting edge technology. The competition was launched in 2018, with the WGC2022 Innovation Awards celebrating the next major innovations in gas industry technology.
During the Call for Papers submission process, applicants will also have the option for their abstract to be considered for the WGC2022 Innovation Awards. The RD&I Committee will select a winner for each of the 5 categories:
a. Transportation Driven by Gas
b. Commercial and Industrial Utilization
c. Domestic Utilization
2. Upstream technologies
a. Exploration and Production
b. Liquefied Natural Gas
a. Gas Transmission, Processing and Storage
b. Gas Distribution
4. Environment and Sustainability
a. Emissions Detection and Mitigation
b. Gas and Renewables
5. Emerging Technologies
a. Digital Technologies: AI, IoT, etc.
b. Smart Energy Solutions
c. Connected and/or Integrated Solutions
All winners are then put forward for the WGC2022 Industry Choice Award, voted for by industry professionals online.
There will be a dedicated Awards Ceremony session to showcase all of the award winners and their innovations. This will take place in the Technology and Innovation Sessions on the exhibition floor. Each category award winner will prepare a 5-7 minute presentation or live demonstration for this session.
The winner of the WGC2022 Industry Choice Award will be announced during the Awards Ceremony at the 28th World Gas Conference.
Entry for the WGC2022 Innovation Awards is open. To submit click here.
Submissions for entries will close end of the year and each of the category winners will be announced in February 2022 online.
IGU Global Gas Award 2022
The IGU Global Gas Award was established in 2008 with an objective to contribute towards the progress of the gas industry through promoting innovation and sustainability.
The theme for the IGU Global Gas Award is “The Role of Natural Gas in Powering More Sustainable Energy Futures”.
The best project, selected by the IGU Judging Panel, demonstrates an understanding of the in-depth challenges faced in the energy sector. It provides insight, innovation and pragmatic approaches that demonstrate how the greater adoption of natural gas can deliver positive societal benefit by overcoming these challenges. This competition is open to IGU members only.
Entry for the IGU Global Gas Award 2022 is open until 27 September 2021. To submit your entry click here.
- Relevance of the project to the sustainable development of the gas industry
- How the project contributes and supports advocacy of natural gas?
- To what extent the project improves the quality of life?
- To what extent does the project contribute to the climate change challenge?
- To what extent the project improves energy efficiency
- To what extent might the project improve the industry competitiveness?
- Does the project demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the gas industry?
- To what extent does the project position gas in the long-term?
- Reference on Sustainable Development Goals
- Has there been a similar project in the past?
- Project’s feasibility, implementation and financing