WGC2022 built on the IGU’s 90-year history of engaging the foremost policy-makers, business leaders and technical experts shaped the global energy agenda and shared new commercial innovations and demonstrated the latest trends in this major trade exhibition which was open to all.
Hosted by the Korea Gas Union in May 2022, the event promoted the role of natural gas in a sustainable future. WGC2022 had strong support from the Korean Government, Daegu Metropolitan City, KOGAS and global gas industry leaders.
WGC2022 took place at EXCO (Daegu Exhibition & Convention Center), Korea’s leading, purpose-built, world-class exhibition and convention venue. The colourful city of Daegu is situated in the south-east of Korea and is the third-largest metropolitan area in the nation, with over 2.5 million residents. Find out more.
WGC2022 was a global event where business leaders, experts, and policy makers from across the gas industry met under one roof. The event provided the perfect opportunity to discuss timely industry issues as well as global agendas – both during the conference program and through unique networking events.
9,500 Participants from 75 Countries
About World Gas Conference
- Since 1931, the World Gas Conference has been held every three years in the country holding the Presidency of the International Gas Union (IGU). WGC2022 marked the culmination of the Korean Presidency, under the theme “A Sustainable Future – Powered by Gas”, and promoted the IGU’s key objectives of raising the voice of natural gas while offering the latest industry updates.
- It is the culmination of three years of IGU research to evaluate all aspects of the natural gas value chain, and is widely acknowledged as the most important global gas industry gathering where you will meet business leaders, experts and policy makers.
- The event provided the perfect opportunity to discuss timely industry issues as well as global agendas – both during the conference program and through unique networking events.
- Plenary speakers included CEOs of major global energy companies and Energy Ministers.
- The exhibition covered the entire spectrum of the gas industry including producers, buyers, solution providers and related industries.
Previous World Gas Conferences
WGC2022 – Daegu, South Korea
WGC2018 – Washington DC, USA
WGC2015 – Paris, France
WGC2012 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
WGC2009 – Buenos Aires, Argentina
WGC2006 – Amsterdam, Netherlands
WGC2003 – Tokyo, Japan
WGC2000 – Nice, France
WGC1997 – Copenhagen, Denmark
WGC1994 – Milan, Italy
WGC1991 – Berlin, Germany
WGC1988 – Washington DC, USA
WGC1985 – Munich, Germany
WGC1982 – Lausanne, Switzerland
WGC1979 – Toronto, Canada
WGC1976 – London, UK
WGC1973 – Nice, France
WGC1970 – Moscow, Russia
WGC1967 – Hamburg, Germany
WGC1964 – Scheveningen, the Netherlands
WGC1961 – Stockholm, Sweden
WGC1958 – Rome, Italy
WGC1955 – New York, USA
WGC1952 – Brussels, Belgium
WGC1949 – London, UK
WGC1937 – Paris, France
WGC1934 – Zurich, Switzerland
WGC1931 – London, UK